Skip to content Skip to footer

All students welcome!

The information on this page applies to:

  • U.S. Citizens
  • Legal Residents (non-U.S. Citizens) 
All others, please see our International Students page
Note: We cannot provide flight training for individuals in the U.S. with a B-1 (business visitor) or B-2 (tourist) visa.


U.S. Citizens


The TSA requires flight schools to see proof of citizenship before beginning flight training. We are required to keep a copy of this proof. We will only accept original documents or certified copies. This proof of citizenship can be in the following formats:

  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Birth certificate + government issued I.D.
  • Naturalization certificate + government issued I.D.
  • Certificate of birth abroad + government issued I.D.
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship + government issued I.D.

Legal Residents of the U.S.


Legal residents include those in the U.S. that:

  • Are permanent residents (green card)
  • Legally in the U.S. with a work status visa (H-type)
  • Refugees in asylum status in the U.S.


Contact Regal Air before completing any applications. To begin flight training you will be required to::

  • Show I.D. and proof of legal status in the U.S.
  • Pass a TSA Background Check if receiving training towards:
    • Private Pilot Certificate
    • Adding an instrument rating
    • Adding a multi-engine rating
This Pop-up Is
Included in the Theme
Best Choice for Creatives
Purchase Winger